Rollerskate & Inlineskate Sizing Insights -
Written by Franca to help you save yourselves from frustration and also loss of $$$$
Let me start by saying the information below is my way of helping you choose the correct size when buying skates of any shape, model and brand. I would like to share some of what I have learnt after more than a decade in the business.
SKATES AND SHOES DO NOT RUN ALONG SIDE EACH OTHER WHEN IT COMES TO SIZE.
There are many variables to take into consideration. I would like to encourage you to please call us on 1300 318 011 chats to one of experienced staff and let us help you choose your size.
By doing this you will save yourselves $$$ in return freight and or loss of packages.
Refer to image below for a quick easy to follow guide.
1: Measure your feet on a flat surface, placing each foot on a piece of paper with your heel against a wall to get your size in CM. (Hot Tip Best to do this in the late afternoon as our feet are swollen and probably at their largest)
- Trace around each foot making sure your knees are bent over your toes. Please get someone else to do the tracing.
- Now you have the tracing of both feet you can draw a line at heel then across the tip of the toes you are ready now to measure the distance between the two lines.
- Using CM measurements (please use the CM from your longest foot) you can now use the chart provided to choose the corresponding size that matches the CM m measurement.
- Skates need to fit snag right around your whole foot, please don’t allow more than 2-3cm in length. If your feet are wider than 9.5cm then go up ½ size as that will allow for the width and avoid cramping when skating.
- Please don’t test your new skates outside try them on a carpet or clean surface to make sure they fit snug and not cramped. Keep them on for at least 20 mins standing, bend the knees over the toes. Make sure there is no scrunching or bending of the toes. Also making sure they are not too loose.
HOT TIP IF THE SHORTER FOOT FEELS TOO LOOSE GET A THIN INNERSOLE CUT THE BACK HALF OFF – PLACE THE FRONT PART UNDER YOUR ORIGINAL INNER – BOOM YOUR FOOT WILL NOW BE SNUG AS A BUG IN A RUG!
Please feel free to send your skates back if you are not happy with the size. Remember we are happy to exchange them. Please follow our returns policy.
This blog is intended as a guide to help with sizing - Thanks for reading