Triple Eight Helmet - Skate II MIPS Black Matte
- In stock, ready to ship
Triple 8 Helmet - Skate II MIPS Black Matte
The Triple 8 Skate II MIPS helmet has classic style, fully loaded. Triple 8 put everything they know about helmet tech into this updated version of their timeless shape. This helmet is Dual Certified for skate and bike riding. Also, it has a patented MIPS Technology low-friction layer to reduce rotational forces caused by angled impacts. They worked closely with top riders in derby, vert, longboarding, BMX, and commuting to refine the shape, fit, and function.
MIPS imitates the brain’s way of protecting itself by giving the helmet its own low-friction layer between the outer shell and the head. This layer absorbs much of the rotational violence during a fall, reducing harm to the brain.
Triple 8 Helmet Features:
- MIPS Technology: Developed by brain surgeons and scientists to reduce rotational forces to the brain caused by angled impacts
- Dual Certified: Complies with ASTM Skate and U.S. CPSC Bike safety standards
- Conehead EPS liner technology: Provides a lighter helmet with greater energy displacement on impact
Sizing: To ensure a perfect fit, measure the circumference of your head. Start in the middle of your forehead and match it with the sizes below:
- XS/S 19.7 – 21.5 in (50 – 55 cm)
- S/M 21.5 – 22.75 in (55 – 58 cm)
- L/XL 22.75 – 24 in (58 – 61 cm)
About Triple 8
Triple 8 has “The Birdman” Tony Hawk as one of their ambassadors. Tony Hawk has been skating since he was 10 years old. So he's been wearing helmets for almost 40 years and would know a comfortable helmet when he finds one. He really backs this helmet he says it’s revolutionary to have comfort and safety in one helmet. It’s been a long time coming and very welcom in the skate community regardless of what you are doing, skateboarding, roller derby, scooters, bike riding and any other application where safety is important.